A Complete Guide to a Keratin Lash Lift vs. Regular Lash Lift
How does a push-up bra for your lashes sound? This is what a lash lift can do for you! There’s a Keratin Lash Lift and then there’s a regular lash lift. But, what’s what and which is better? Keep reading because we’ve got all the answers!
What is a Keratin Lash Lift?
First, let’s find out exactly what Keratin is. Keratin is a protective protein that is found in hair, nails, and skin and provides strength and shine. With that said, Keratin is all the good stuff!
Now, let’s talk about a lash lift with keratin. You can think of a Keratin Lash Lift as a perm for your eyelashes. During a Keratin-Infused Lash Lift service, a silicone pad is carefully placed on the lashes. The lashes are then lifted from base to tip. The silicone pad is used to curl the eyelashes over while giving them the perfect shape. The keratin is what strengthens the lashes while giving them a semi-permanent, flawless curl.
Keratin Lash Lift vs. Regular Lash Lift
As you may have guessed, a regular Lash Lift service does not use Keratin. Instead, chemicals similar to those used during a perm are used for a regular Lash Lift. As we know, damage can be caused when we put chemicals in our hair and on our skin. A regular Lash Lift can result in dry, unhealthy lashes.
A Keratin-Infused Lash Lift service is chemical-free causing no harm. In fact, Keratin is a good protein for our hair and skin leaving them strong and healthy.
While both lash lifts may achieve similar goals of curled, enhanced eyelashes, a regular lash lift doesn’t leave our hair and skin as healthy as they deserve to be!
Pros of a Keratin Lash Lift
A Keratin Lash Lift is great because it boosts our look and has lots of other advantages that other services may not have. Let’s check out the pros.
- It enhances your natural beauty. There’s no need to use a ton of makeup after a lash lift because your lashes will organically appear longer and fuller.
- If you do choose to boost your look with cosmetics, there’s no harm in wearing eye makeup with a lash lift.
- Anyone can do it! No matter what your lashes are like, whether they are long, short, thin, or thick, a Keratin Lash Lift can give them just the look you’re going for.
- Unlike many other lash services, a lash lift lasts up to a few months. This is perfect for someone who’s low-maintenance or simply busy in life and doesn’t have the time to visit their brow pro on the regular.
- It’s chemical-free and doesn’t cause damage to the skin or eyebrows.
- A lash lift doesn’t take any extra work or time. There’s no stress of any upkeep after a service.
- The service is simple. All you need to do is sit back and relax for about an hour and a half while your brow expert gets to work.
- It’s typically pain-free. Some people find discomfort in sitting with their eyes closed for a length of time, but it’s best to keep your eyes closed during your treatment. Overall, a lash lift doesn’t cause great discomfort and you won’t experience any pain after your appointment.
- Unlike other services like a lash extension, a lash lift lasts much longer and doesn’t require you to revisit the salon for frequent touchups.
Lash Lift Near Me
What about a lash lift near me? Now that you’ve heard all the good stuff about a lash lift, you may want to know where to go for this amazing Keratin-Infused Lash Lift service! Well, we’ve got you covered at The Brow Fixx.
Keratin-Infused Lash Lift Service at The Brow Fixx
The Brow Fixx is dedicated to working with clients to make all of their brow dreams come true! We know how incredible a Keratin Lash Lift service can be for giving you the extra boost you may be looking for and we’re here to give you that. After sitting down and consulting with you on the look you’re going for and giving you our expert advice if needed, we will get to work on giving you beautiful lashes.
Our G.E.L. Keratin consists of medical-grade ingredients: keratin, silk peptides, and botanicals that are safe for your lashes and supply them with omega 3’s, vitamin E, vitamin C, antioxidants, silica, and antimicrobials. Because these clean ingredients provide nourishment and strength, there’s no need to worry about leaving your appointment with brittle, unhealthy brows. Instead, you will walk away with healthy, defined, and natural-looking lashes that have a perfect lift and shape.
As a bonus, The Brow Fixx also tints your eyelashes during a lash lift. Tinting consists of a semi-permanent dye used to darken your lashes to add extra definition. The dye fades overtime, so extra maintenance isn’t required.
Getting the Best Results
Another pro of a lash lift is that it takes little to no prep beforehand or upkeep afterward. However, there are a few things you can do to prepare for your appointment and to maintain your lash lift after the service.
For starters, arrive to your appointment with clean, make-up free lashes. We actually recommend not wearing any eye makeup for a couple of days prior to your appointment. The cleaner, the better!
After your lash lift, give your lashes time to settle to ensure that they don’t move out of place. You can do this by keeping them untouched, dry, and without pressure for 24 hours. This means no makeup, cream, or cleanser. After a day, you can go back to your normal routine.
Pro-tip: Waterproof mascara contains chemicals that can dry out your lashes. Avoid this to maintain flawless eyelashes.
A Keratin-Infused Lash Lift Service can do great things for your appearance. It’s a simple process, it’s easy to maintain, and it doesn’t cause damage. It doesn’t get much better than that!
Check out more about our Keratin Lash Lift and other services at The Brow Fixx!