Your Complete Guide to Eyebrow Threading
Are you on the lookout for an excellent eyebrow maintenance method? Let’s walk through the entire process of eyebrow threading and why it may be the PERFECT fit for you. Or maybe you’re just curious about threading, and you’ve heard the word before.
In this guide on eyebrow threading, we’re going to share everything you need to know, including what brow threading is, who should do it, the pros and cons, and how the whole process works.
What is Brow Threading?
Thank you for joining us on this brow threading journey. First things first, what is it?
Brow threading is a traditional practice that has been around for thousands of years. It originated in Asia and is a simple, easy way to shape brows without any chemicals applied to your skin or brows. It is 100% natural.
A brow artist uses a piece of thread, similar to what you’d see used for sewing thread, to tame your brows. They will use the thread to pull out unwanted hairs directly from the follicle. A brow threading artist will shape your brows using the thread, pulling out the hairs, and help you achieve your desired brow shape and arch.
If you would like more answers over frequently asked questions, be sure to check out Eyebrow Threading: All Your Questions Answered.
Who Should Get their Brows Threaded?
Men and Women
Threading is an excellent tool for both men and women. Brow threading is a low-maintenance way to keep your brows in perfect condition.
People Who Want a 100% Natural Brow Treatment
Eyebrow threading is perfect for anyone looking for an all-natural way to keep their brows groomed and maintained. The only item used for brow threading is a thread and a skilled brow threading artist. After the brows are threaded, a natural treatment of witch hazel and aloe vera is applied to the skin.
People with Unruly Brows
Brow threading is an excellent option if you have brows that need maintenance to keep them clean and controlled.
Pros and Cons of Eyebrow Threading
- There are NO chemicals involved. It’s completely natural and organic.
- It’s an affordable brow shaping option! Depending on what you need to be threaded, it usually costs less than $50!
- Because hair is pulled from the follicle, there is no skin contact, and it will not irritate the skin, like wax.
- It’s fast and efficient, and threading can pull out many unwanted hairs at a time, making it a quick and easy-brow maintenance option.
- It lowers brow maintenance over time. Because hair is pulled from the follicle, you can go a few weeks to even a month without needing extra brow maintenance, depending on your hair growth pattern.
- Perfect for all skin types. There is no need to worry about acne breakouts, sensitive skin, or other issues that waxing may cause or irritate.
- You can get more than just your brows threaded. Get full face threading and even lip, sideburns, chin, or jawline. It can take care of all your facial hair needs!
- Hair is pulled from the follicle, so it may cause pain. Some people will experience more pain than others. You can always request that the brow artist try it out on a small area of skin before getting your eyebrows threaded.
- Threading will open your pores, leaving your skin irritated and slightly red. The redness should disappear after a few hours.
How to Prepare for Brow Threading
Because brow threading is a straightforward process, you need to do only a few things before your appointment. Doing these before your appointment ensures a high-quality brow consultation.
Exfoliate, hydrate, and arrive makeup-free.
Exfoliate: By exfoliating the skin around your brows, you will eliminate any dead skin cells that could clog pores and cause ingrown hairs. It’s best to exfoliate and avoid that altogether!
Hydrate: Drinking water is the perfect way to ensure optimal skin condition and help make skin less sensitive.
No Makeup: Having clean skin and brows will help your brow artist provide you with the best care, and we want to avoid clogged pores!
The Process of an Eyebrow Threading Appointment
Discuss your desired arch and shape with your brow artist. Your brow artist will then use the thread to pull any unwanted hairs. They will expertly shape your brows within 10 to 25 minutes (depending on the amount of hair). Sit back and relax while you are on your way to easily-maintained brows!
If any unwanted hairs are left after shaping with the thread, your brow artist may pluck or tweeze hairs to finish your look.
Your brow artist will then apply witch hazel to clean your skin and apply aloe vera to soothe. You are ready to go and show the world your beautifully groomed brows!
What to Do After an Eyebrow Threading Appointment
Here are a few tips and best practices to keep your brows looking great!
Don’t touch your skin: Do your best not to touch any sensitive patches of skin after getting your eyebrows threaded. It is normal for your skin to be red after an eyebrow threading appointment, and any redness should disappear after a few hours.
Apply Aloe Vera: You can easily apply aloe vera to soothe irritated or red skin.
Don’t Apply Makeup: Remember that your pores are still open after the brow threading appointment, so it’s not advised to apply makeup to your eyebrow region. You can also tweeze any unwanted hairs between eyebrow threading appointments to keep your brows looking flawless.
Is a Brow Threading Treatment Right for Me?
If you’re looking for a completely natural and easy way to maintain precise, groomed brows, brow threading is right for you!
If you’re worried about pain, don’t be! Eyebrow threading is more gentle on the skin than waxing and pulls less on the skin overall.
Eyebrow Threading Near Me in Santa Monica, CA
If you’re looking for a fantastic brow salon for eyebrow threading, you need to check out The Brow Fixx in Santa Monica. They offer affordable, natural brow treatments such as eyebrow lamination, brow waxing, henna tint, keratin lash lifts, and more!
Book your appointment today!