Eyebrow Threading: All Your Questions Answered
It seems like every day we learn new tips and tricks for getting those picturesque brows everyone is raving about! There’s brow soap, brow wax, brow lamination, powder brows- and so many ways to get those amazingly groomed brows! Well, today we’ve got another one for you: Eyebrow Threading. Here, we have got answers to all your eyebrow threading questions and deets about this treatment.
With so many beauty options out there, we want to make your life easier by giving you all the details in one place! We’re here to answer all of your questions about Eyebrow Threading including the pros and cons, what the process is like, and if it’s the right option for you. If you’re looking for Eyebrow Threading near me in Santa Monica, we’ve got just the place!
What is Eyebrow Threading?
First and foremost, what even is brow threading? Eyebrow Threading is the process of a thin thread being used to remove unwanted brow hairs from the follicle. It’s kind of like plucking, except with thread. The result of threading is a clean and defined brow shape with a perfect arch. The best part? No chemicals are used!
What are the Pros and Cons of Eyebrow Threading?
Like with anything, there are upsides and downsides to Eyebrow Threading. Hint: there are more pros than cons!
Pros of Eyebrow Threading
- It’s non-invasive, so it’s especially great for those with sensitive skin.
- If you don’t have a lot of extra time, you’re in luck because it’s one of the fastest brow-grooming techniques.
- It’s unlikely to have a bad reaction because there are no chemicals or heat used during the process.
- It provides a natural look.
- It’s a clean procedure because the only thing coming close to your face is the thread.
- Since threading allows individual hairs or several hairs to be removed at once, the results can be very precise.
- It’s not painful. You may feel the hairs being pulled, but the thread doesn’t even touch the skin and it’s super fast.
- The effects are semi long-lasting. Depending on your hair growth cycle, it can last a few weeks to a month.
- Since hair is pulled from the root, hair growth is slowed down. Repeating the service can also result in your hair growing back softer overtime.
- Side effects, if any, are very minor. We will get to that later!
- There’s not much maintenance. You won’t have to spend so much time filling in your brows and tweezing stray hairs.
Cons of Eyebrow Threading
- You may not want to run off to a big event after your appointment. Some redness may occur but is usually gone within a few hours.
- Depending on how thick your brows are or who’s doing the threading, there can be some discomfort. If it’s your first time, it may not necessarily feel great. However, it shouldn’t be so bad if your brow pro is good at their job! Not to mention, you’re in and out in no time.
- Again, be mindful of who you choose to thread your brows. If not done right, hairs can be pulled out incorrectly (not from the follicles) and grow back in faster.
The bottom line is that if you have an experienced professional do the job for you, there’s a high chance you’re going to love the results!
How Long Does it Take?
As we mentioned, one of the advantages of brow threading is how quick it is. You can easily go to your appointment on your lunch break. It takes less than half an hour, so there’s definitely time even with the busy schedule most of us have!
How Much Does it Cost?
As we know, beauty isn’t always cheap. But, Eyebrow Threading is a more affordable service and usually costs around the same as waxing. Depending on where you go, the service is typically around 30-40 dollars. You can also pair threading with tinting to darken the brow for an additional cost.
What Should I Do Before and After My Appointment?
The good news is that there isn’t much to do to prepare for your appointment or once you go home. However, we’ve got a few tips in order to ensure your brows look fabulous!
Prep for Eyebrow Threading
The only thing you really need to do before your appointment is to exfoliate. Exfoliating gets rid of dead skin cells that may clog pores and is especially helpful for those who are prone to ingrown hairs.
One more thing you can do is hydrate! This is always good to do, right? But, when it comes to skincare, hydrating ourselves can result in less skin sensitivity.
Upkeep After Appointment
If any redness or sensitivity does occur, you can apply Aloe Vera for relief. This shouldn’t last long though.
Continue to apply makeup as usual or use less to show off your new, improved, and gorgeous brows! Tweeze stray hairs as they appear, but don’t overdo it.
Once your brows start to grow back in, you can make your next appointment. As we mentioned, this may be a few weeks to a month.
Is it Right For Me?
Now that you’ve got all the details on Eyebrow Threading, you’re probably wondering if it’s right for you. The truth is that threading can be an ideal option for anyone! It can take care of lots of unwanted hairs or just a few. Because no chemicals are used, it’s excellent for those with sensitive skin. Lastly, if you have low pain tolerance, threading might be your answer!
With so many options out there, your brow expert can answer any further questions and help you decide if Eyebrow Threading is your best bet or what method is!
Eyebrow Threading Near Me
Threading has become quite popular over the last couple of years so can be fairly easily found. The key is finding a reputable salon with experienced professionals. If you’re on the hunt for Eyebrow Threading near me in Santa Monica, check out The Brow Fixx. We’re dedicated to working with clients to help them feel and look their absolute best!