Brow Waxing and Lamination: Everything You Need to Know
Our eyes are one of our most prominent features and giving our eyebrows some love can enhance our entire look. Brow maintenance can help bring out our eyes, make us look more youthful, and provide a polished look.
Are you looking to tame your rowdy brows? What about getting a clean look without those unwanted stray hairs? Well, brow waxing and lamination might be exactly what you need! Continue reading to learn about these two popular brow services. Get the scoop on what each service entails, their advantages, and if you should go all in and get both treatments for your brows.
What is brow waxing?
An eyebrow waxing service gives precisely defined brows and an arch that brings out your facial features. During your appointment, a brow expert applies wax over stray hairs, then pulls it away to remove hair from the follicles. Some tweezing and trimming may also be done to finish the look. After your brow shape is perfected, witch hazel is applied to cleanse the skin.
Brow waxing is fast and gives immediate results that last several weeks or longer. Although it can be uncomfortable while the hairs are being pulled, this lasts for only a moment. Because it’s so straightforward, many people prefer eyebrow waxing over other brow treatments.
A brow waxing service is perfect for those with a busy schedule because the service only takes about twenty minutes. It costs under $50, ideal if you’re looking for a more affordable brow treatment. It’s better to let a brow professional do the service for you because waxing is easy to mess up if you’re not skilled.
To learn more, check out this complete guide to eyebrow waxing.
What is brow lamination?
A brow lamination service is a process of lifting brows at the root to give a fuller look, then shaping them to create perfectly shaped brows. The Brow Fixx infuses your brows with Keratin, a nourishing protein. Once brows are lifted, they’re set into place in a uniform direction for a groomed, flawless look. This treatment redirects your natural brow growth to give you long-lasting, beautiful brows.
An eyebrow lamination service takes about forty minutes and costs under $100. It lasts for about three to eight weeks, but this depends on your hair cycle.
An eyebrow lamination shouldn’t be done at home. This is because a professional eyebrow artist is knowledgeable about the proper steps to take to get the job done right. They’re also in the know about different hair types and facial structures to give you the best-looking brows on the block!
Read more here for all your eyebrow lamination questions answered.
Should I get brow waxing and lamination?
While these are separate services, you can get both brow waxing and lamination done. The brow lamination will tame your unruly hairs, set them into place, and give a just-combed look. Meanwhile, the eyebrow waxing will get rid of stray hairs outside of the brow line for a groomed, finished look.
If you’re looking for the real deal and brows that make a true statement – full, precise, and groomed – brow waxing and lamination are the way to go.
If you have sensitive skin or thin brows, brow waxing and lamination may not be right for you. However, your brow expert can help you decide what treatment will help you meet your brow goals.
Pro tip: If you have a special event coming up, schedule your appointment a week or two before. This will give time for any skin irritation to settle.
Pros of Eyebrow Waxing
- Quick service that fits into a busy schedule
- Gives instant results
- Gets rid of unwanted hairs with little pain
- Can give a brow shape that enhances other facial features
- Hair regrowth takes several weeks since hairs are pulled from the follicles
- Brows grow back in softer and finer over time (after a few waxing treatments); this will eventually give you ruly brows that grow in how you prefer
- The method has been around for many years and brow experts have the treatment down
Pros of Eyebrow Lamination
- No prep is required; letting them grow out is best for the best brow lamination treatment
- No tugging and pulling of brows mean no pain
- Gives more volume to your brows
- Tames unruly brows and redirects natural growth for brows that cooperate
- Keratin (used at The Brow Fixx) is good for your brows and makes them stronger and more nourished
Tips for Maintaining Brows After Brow Service
The great news is that after you get brow waxing and lamination, you don’t have to do much to maintain your eyebrows. However, there are a few things you can do to boost your look and keep them looking fabulous.
- Allow your brows to settle before touching them too much.
- If the skin is red around your brows, apply aloe vera for relief. This is normal after waxing.
- Brush your brows to keep them groomed. This also allows you to spot stray hairs that need plucking.
- Don’t over pluck. While tweezing hairs outside of the brow line will keep a clean look, you don’t want to pluck so much that your brows thin out.
- Add brow soap to your morning getting ready routine. This stuff will give you incredible, full, and feathered brows that pop!
- When your brows start growing back after several weeks or so, contact your brow artist to make your next appointment. Continuing with brow waxing and lamination will redirect your natural brow growth to look the way you like them.
Flawless brows are not only the latest trend, but it also helps you look and feel fabulous! A brow waxing and lamination service is the way to go if you want precise, fuller-looking brows that will grow in the way you like them over time. Each treatment is fairly fast and pain-free.
If you’re looking for brow waxing and lamination in Santa Monica, book an appointment at The Brow Fixx!