Your Complete Guide to Eyebrow Waxing
Are you looking to perfect your brows? Eyebrow waxing can be a complete game-changer for the way you look and feel. Our eyes are one of our most defining features so why not have them looking their absolute best? In this guide to Eyebrow Waxing, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know including what exactly brow waxing is, who should do it, pros, cons, and how the whole process works.
What is Eyebrow Waxing?
Eyebrow waxing is a quick and gentle way to remove unwanted hair using warm wax. It allows you to achieve defined, perfectly groomed brows with the arch of your dreams. It’s important to visit a salon, like The Brow Fixx, for professional eyebrow waxing & tinting because doing it at home may not give you the best result
Who Should Get Their Eyebrows Waxed
Anyone who is looking to groom their brows, get rid of stray hairs, and achieve a nice shape should get their eyebrows waxed. If any of the following apply to you, then brow waxing is worth a try!
Women and Men
Brow waxing is great for both women and men! Most women love to treat themselves, as they should. Men can also benefit from Eyebrow Waxing because it’s a quick and easy way to bring out your finest facial features.
People Who Find Threading and Tweezing Painful
If you like keeping your brows groomed, but find other methods like threading and tweezing too painful, then eyebrow waxing is probably your best bet. It gives very similar results but is quick and fairly pain-free.
People with Busy Schedules
If you have a busy schedule, this one’s for you! It can be so difficult to make extra time for yourself so an Eyebrow Waxing appointment is perfect. You can be in and out in 20 minutes.
People Wanting a Natural Look
Unlike some other brow treatments (that definitely look great), eyebrow wax is a simple and natural-looking method to groom your brows. If you’re someone who likes to keep low-key, eyebrow waxing is ideal!
Pros and Cons of Eyebrow Waxing
The good thing about eyebrow waxing is that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Let’s take a look!
- The process is so fast you can easily get your brows waxed on your lunch break.
- The results last several weeks. Since hairs are pulled from the follicle, hair growth time is longer than other methods.
- After a few brow waxing appointments, hairs begin to grow back more tamed. Over time, hairs grow back softer and finer. Eventually, you will have ruly brows growing the shape and direction you want.
- It’s a steadfast way to tame thick brows and get rid of unwanted hairs.
- It’s been around for years and brow pros have the method down.
- It can cause redness that may last up to a few hours. Aloe vera can relieve this.
- There may be some discomfort when the wax is pulled, but it lasts for only a moment.
- While waxing is entirely safe for most people, there is the possibility of a bad reaction.
How to Prepare for Eyebrow Waxing
There are a few things you can do to prepare for your Brow Waxing appointment to ensure the best results.
- Make sure your brow hairs are grown out. Don’t pluck them for several weeks prior to your appointment.
- If you’re waxing your brows to prepare for an event, don’t make your appointment right before. Give yourself some time (a week or two) between the appointment and special occasion. There’s always the possibility that redness or skin irritation can occur after your appointment. This is normal, but you want to give your skin some time to chill out.
- Don’t get your brows waxed when your skin is sensitive. You don’t want to come to a brow wax appointment with a sunburn or right after you’ve had a facial treatment because it can be unnecessarily painful.
The Process of an Eyebrow Waxing Appointment
As we said, the process of brow waxing is pretty quick and straightforward. Here’s how it’s done at The Brow Fixx.
First, your brow expert will talk with you about the look you’re going for and figure out the best shape for you.
Then, warm wax is applied and pulled off to remove unwanted hairs and create a precisely defined shape. Some tweezing and trimming are done for a final groomed look.
Finally, witch hazel is applied to cleanse the skin. Aloe vera is applied to relieve any irritation and tighten the pores.
To go a step further and darken your brows, check out Eyebrow Waxing & Tinting.
What to do After an Eyebrow Waxing Appointment
There isn’t much to do to keep up with your brows after your appointment. However, to keep them looking fabulous, there are a few things you can do!
- Try not to touch them too much. Right after your brows are waxed, the pores are opened and oil and bacteria can enter if you touch them.
- If the skin around your brows appears red, apply aloe vera for relief. Keep in mind that redness is normal and should go away within a few hours.
- As stray hairs start to grow back, try not to get too excited with the tweezers. You can brush your brows to help you see which stray hairs need plucking. The goal these days for bomb brows is to let them be full!
- Get ahold of some soap brows kit to maintain great-looking brows. Applying brow soap will give your brows a groomed, full, and feathered look.
Eyebrow waxing is a fast way to achieve groomed and flawlessly shaped brows. It’s a go-to method for many people including men and women, those with unruly brows, and people who have very little time to spare. The pros outweigh the cons and the process before, during, and after is fairly simple giving excellent results. We hope we’ve helped you decide if a Brow Waxing appointment is right for you!