Keratin Lash Lift: Everything You Need to Know
Are you looking to enhance your eyes and get those dreamy, long, full lashes? Look no further! We’re here to tell you all about a method that is also known as an ‘eyelash perm,’ The Keratin Lash Lift. Learn more about what it is, how it’s different from a lash extension, if it’s right for you, and what the process is like from this Keratin Lash Lift Guide.
What is a Keratin Lash Lift
A lash lift is, like we said, essentially a perm for your lashes. It gives your lashes results similar to an eyelash curler, but more dramatic and longer-lasting.
The Brow Fixx offers a Keratin Lash Lift service that boosts your natural lashes. It’s a treatment that consists of medical-grade ingredients. These ingredients include Omega 3’s, VItamin E, Vitamin C, silica, antioxidants, and antimicrobials. These are all safe and even good for your lashes’ appearance and growth.
Keratin Lash Lift vs. Eyelash Extensions
Oftentimes, people want to know what the difference between a lash lift and lash extension is. They both enhance your lashes, making them fuller and longer. However, the method and aftercare are different.
An eyelash extension involves gluing fake lashes onto your natural lashes and takes a couple of hours. A lash lift involves ‘perming’ the lashes you already have using a natural Keratin (which is good for your brows) and takes a little less time. With that said, an eyelash extension is much more pronounced and a lash lift is a natural enhancement.
Care for each lash treatment includes keeping them dry for a day after and brushing them. However, a lash extension needs to be filled in as hair naturally falls off (usually every couple of weeks). Lash lifts don’t involve maintenance appointments. It’s also recommended not to sleep on your face with a lash extension because the hairs can potentially fall off. A lash lift allows you to carry on as usual since it’s your natural lashes that have just been curled and treated with keratin (we’ll get to this in a moment).
Pros and Cons of a Keratin Lash Lift
What’s great about a lash lift is that the pros far outweigh the cons!
- It’s beneficial for your eyelashes. Keratin is a protective protein that makes up our skin, hair, and nails. It’s natural meaning no chemicals! In fact, a Keratin Lash Lift strengthens and nourishes your lashes.
- It works to enhance your natural beauty, unlike lash extensions and fake lashes.
- Speaking of fake lashes, a lash lift is long-lasting. Unlike fake lashes, a lash lift lasts up to a few months.
- It’s not a painful process. As we know, beauty can be painful sometimes, but not with a lash lift service! You really shouldn’t feel any discomfort as long as you sit back, relax, and keep your eyes closed.
- It doesn’t really require upkeep. As long as you leave them alone for about a day after your appointment by not getting them wet or touching them much, they should be good to go. You can brush them daily with a lash brush if you’d like.
- You can start sleeping a little longer. While you can definitely continue to wear eye makeup, you may not want to once you have full, fluttery lashes.
- On the other hand, you can continue to wear makeup with a lash lift. Doing so will just enhance the look even more.
Read more on the top benefits of a Keratin Lash Lift!
- If a lash lift isn’t done by a brow professional, it could be harmful to your eyelashes. It’s important to visit a brow professional for the best results.
- If you have sensitive eyes, let your brow expert know because the keratin solution could irritate your eyes.
- It is a little costly, but we do have to say that many people find it worth it!
- For best results, you should avoid wearing mascara for a couple of days leading up to your appointment. Again, the results are worth it!
Who Should Get a Keratin Lash Lift
If you’re looking for a chemical-free, natural way to add some drama to your eyes, a lash lift can get the job done! Typically a lash lift is best for people with lashes that are straight or go downwards. If you already have long, beautiful lashes, a lash lift won’t hurt but may not be as noticeable. However, tinting added to a lash lift will give anyone’s eyes an extra boost!
The Process of a Keratin Lash Lift
It’s important to cleanse your eyes and wipe away makeup before your lash lift appointment. Remember, to let your lashes go natural for a few days before your appointment for the best results.
Your appointment will take about an hour and a half. Once you arrive, you’ll talk to your brow professional about your lash goals and how curled you’d like them to be. Then, all you have to do is lay back and close your eyes while the work is done. Your lashes are curled from the lash root over a silicone pad and precisely shaped. Keratin is coated on the hairs to lift and set them into place. The Brow Fixx pairs a Keratin Lash Lift service with a lash tinting treatment to darken your lashes and give a more dramatic look.
Once you finish with your appointment, feel free to check your new and improved self out in the mirror! Then, avoid touching and wetting your lashes for about a day to allow your lash lift to settle.
There you have it! A lash lift gives your lashes a striking curl that lasts far longer than fake eyelashes or makeup. The process is easy, it’s good for your lashes, and the upkeep is minimum.
The Brow Fixx’s treatment is one that only G.E.L. certified lash artists may purchase and use. It’s the highest quality-controlled and safest lash lift treatment in the United States. Book your Keratin Lash Lift appointment at The Brow Fixx today!