How To Avoid Breakouts After Eyebrow Waxing
If you have ever arrived to your brow appointment excited for clean, fresh brows but also dreading the breakout that might happen afterwards, then this post is for you! While eyebrow maintenance is necessary, the horrible breakout that might ensue afterwards makes it a less than ideal experience. Eyebrow waxing itself doesn’t cause breakouts but the bacteria that enters the open pores after waxing can.
Below are some before and after tips for beautiful skin after your brow appointment:
• Wash your face and make sure that any makeup, dirt and bacteria are cleansed away. You can also lightly exfoliate areas that are about to be waxed. If skin is not cleaned properly bacteria can clog your pores after waxing, causing your skin to breakout.
• NO TOUCHING. I cannot say this enough! You touch your phone, then touch newly waxed skin and guess what? You’re asking for a breakout! Touching your skin after your services clogs pores and transfers bacteria from your hands to your face.
• Your technician should always apply a skin-soothing cream like alone or cortisone to calm inflammation and help with any irritation after waxing. I also personally love witch hazel after waxing because it cleanses the skin without drying and balances the skins pH levels.
• Plan your workout before the wax. Another way to avoid breakouts is to work out before your waxing appointment. Sweating after waxing can make the skin prone to breakouts, so plan that spin class before your brow appointment!
• Finally, it’s important to be consistent with your waxing appointments. Breakouts can occur simply to your skins reaction after the wax. Waxing your brows every four to six weeks helps your skin get acclimated and over time will stop the breakouts from happening. If you wait any longer than six weeks your skin can be prone to sensitivity and breakouts.
BEST PRODUCTS TO USE AFTER WAXING
If you’re done all of these things and you still find yourself breaking out, consider using another method of hair removal. Threading a great alternate to waxing and hardly touches the skin. It’s perfect for people with sensitive skin and those who have had a bad reactions to waxing.
I hope this helps anyone struggling with breakouts after waxing! Just remember to take care of your skin before your appointment, leave the area alone after and you should be good to go. If you have any other questions or need to book an appointment with a eyebrow waxing salon in Santa Monica, feel free to book online or contact us at 310-893-5703.
Be on the look out for our new HENNA EYEBROW TINTING SERVICE!