How Long Does a Lash Lift Last? Plus, What to Expect from the treatment?
Are you looking for a different solution to getting outrageously long lashes? Mascara is one way to get noticeable dark lashes but it lasts only for a few hours or a day. A lash lift can be a better and more stable solution to have rather noticeable lashes. So, before you go and search for lash lift near me, read this blog to know all about lash lifting.
What is a lash lift?
A lash lift is a process of lifting the lashes for a long period. The treatment can last for 6-8 weeks. No toxic chemicals or extensions are used in lash lifting, and hence they are safe for the eyes.
Unlike the mascaras, this may irritate the eyes. The process of lash lifting is generally quick and painless. It noticeably changes the density and complexion of your lashes, giving them a longer and darker appearance.
Types of lash lift
Before you type ‘lash life near me’ in your search box, read about the types of lash lifts available on the market and choose what suits you the best. There are three ways to lift lashes:
- Keratin Lash Lift- Keratin Lash Lift is also known as Yumi. It uses keratin protein to smoothen and strengthen your lashes. Keratin is a natural protein present in our hair and nails and gives them strength and shine. The process involves a silicon rod covered in keratin. The process takes 45-60 minutes to complete. A serum is applied to the lashes to set the keratin on them and give them the desired result.
- LVL lash lift- A length-volume-lift or LVL doesn’t use keratin. A lifting balm, volumizer, and tint are used in this process. The wand is used to apply these on the lashes. The process lasts for 45 minutes. Some people choose LVL to lash lift in combination with keratin lash lift for even better results.
- Lash lifting at home- Some companies make lash lift kits that you can use to lift your lashes at home. But it would be better if you visit a good eyebrow salon for lash lifting. Since for most of the process you have to keep your eyes shut so it will be difficult to apply the product by yourself. Another problem can be the duration. If you keep the treatment products for too long it may damage your lashes.
Also Read: TOP BENEFITS OF A KERATIN LASH LIFT
How long does a lash lift lasts?
Lash lifts are not permanent treatments just like eyebrow lamination. Their effect fades away with time. But a keratin lash lift can last for 6-8 weeks and an LVL can also last up to 4-6 weeks. It also depends upon the type of lashes you have, the type of treatment you had, and your natural lash growth cycle. The four major things that contribute to the longevity of lash lift are:
- Immediate care- Take special care for 48 hours. Don’t apply any makeup and let the treatment set.
- Long-term care- Don’t use waterproof mascara and it is better to use your regular mascara in a small amount.
- The type of lash lifting treatment you take
- Your natural lash growth cycle
What to expect from the treatment?
Lash lift treatment if performed properly can make your eyelashes look longer and fuller for at least 6 weeks. You don’t need mascara during that duration. However, if performed improperly or if the treatment is left for a longer time it may give you frazzled and uneven lashes. That’s why it is important to choose the lash lifting or eyebrow salon carefully.
Final words | Pro Tips
Find a reputable and trustworthy salon like The Brow Fixx, one of the best eyebrow salons for brow waxing & eyebrow threading, lamination, and keratin lash lifts. Ask the aestheticians about any other prior requirements and get gorgeous lashes.