Eyebrow Waxing at The Brow Fixx: Everything You Need to Know
What do you know about eyebrow waxing? No matter how little or much you know, we’ve got the full scoop here for you today from what it is to how it has done. And, if you’re a complete newbie, we’ve got you covered!
Fabulous eyebrows are the biggest trend these days and we are here for it. The Brow Fixx is a professional brow waxing salon in Santa Monica and we know how much brows can do for the face from framing it to expressing emotions, and more. If you are looking for defined, flawless brows with perfected arches, eyebrow waxing can get the job done!
What is a Brow Waxing Service?
An eyebrow waxing service is a fast but gentle way to achieve long-lasting, defined brows. It is great for those who find tweezing and threading to be too painful. While waxing may cause a moment of pain (especially if it’s your first time), it’s extremely fast and the pain is gone in no time.
During a brow waxing service, warm wax is applied to the hairs that will be removed. Then, a paper strip is put over the wax and quickly pulled away to pull hair from follicles giving you instant results.
Can I Wax my Brows at Home?
With the number of waxing kits out there, it’s no wonder some people opt for waxing at home, but we do not suggest doing it yourself.
There are a few good reasons that you should leave eyebrow waxing to the professionals.
- A professional will give you the right shape because they have the background and experience to do so. They know what length, width, and arch best fits each individual’s facial features. Very few people have a perfect brow shape and try to remedy this at home by over-tweezing and waxing. The problem with this is coming back from a poor brow job can take a long time and a lot of work.
- A professional can give your brows the perfect color, too. If you don’t love your brow color, leave it to an expert to give you the perfect shade by tinting your brows. This can be done alongside eyebrow waxing.
- A professional can provide you with such flawless brows that you can skip your morning makeup routine. Who doesn’t like to sleep a few extra minutes? Eyebrows are such a defining physical feature and when you get them professionally perfected, there’s no need to spend too much precious time applying makeup.
The Process of Eyebrow Waxing
The Brow Fixx is dedicated to helping you get brows that make you feel and look amazing. We provide precise eyebrow waxing by following these steps.
Our top priority is making sure you get the look you want. We will consult with you to hear all of your brow dreams while giving our input on what we think will work well for your facial structure and features.
Here’s where we get to work! To give your brows a defined and clean shape, we wax and remove the unwanted hairs. To finish off the look, we will also do some tweezing and trimming.
- Finishing Touches
After we’ve perfected the shape of your brows, we apply witch hazel to cleanse the skin and aloe vera to soothe any irritation and tighten pores. We finish off the look with a soft powder, pencil, or gel.
At-Home Care After a Brow Waxing Service
After your brow waxing service, we know you will feel on top of the world. You will want to take some Instagram photos and check yourself out in the mirror a few times.
We’ve got some other dos and don’ts for you to keep in mind after your waxing appointment.
- Resist the urge to touch your brows. Since hairs have just been pulled from your skin, your pores are not completely closed. Touching this area can put oil and bacteria into the pores which can cause a breakout or infection. To help with this, you can also wash your hands regularly.
- Don’t over pluck in between appointments. It can be so easy to want to keep up the flawless look that you take to the tweezers and ruin the whole look.
- Since hair is pulled from the follicle, irritation can occur for a bit of time after an eyebrow waxing. This is completely normal but to refresh the brow area, you can use aloe vera for relief.
- Get to know a brow gel. This is the good stuff! While a professional brow waxing service means you may no longer want to spend tons of time on eye makeup, you should definitely use a brow gel to keep your fantastic-looking brows in place and looking great throughout the day.
What if I Have a Bad Reaction?
For most people, eyebrow waxing is completely safe. There is a reason it’s been around for so long. But, there’s always an exception to the rule. Some people don’t react well to a brow waxing service.
Typically, the skin around your brows will be red for a day or so after your appointment. This is normal because hairs have been yanked from the follicle. As we said previously, you can get some relief from aloe vera.
If there’s a bigger issue such as excessive swelling, a rash or hives, or redness for days then you may be having an allergic reaction, or your brow pro wasn’t a pro after all.
Make sure you visit your professional brow waxing salon in Santa Monica here at The Brow Fixx for top-notch service and do let us know of any allergies or if you are on any medications before receiving services.
Things for an Eyebrow Waxing Newbie to Know
We all know how scary the unknown can be. Don’t miss out on bomb brows because of uncertainty! Here are some things to know before your first brow waxing service.
- Your brow expert will give you advice on a good brow shape for you if you need a pro’s opinion.
- The whole process of eyebrow waxing only lasts 20 minutes, but the part that hurts (the pulling of the hair) happens all in one moment and the pain will not linger.
- Some tweezing will be done to clean up the look.
- The redness around the brows may last a few hours and this is completely normal.
- Your brow waxing will last several weeks before you start to see new hair growth.
Let us know when you’re ready to treat those brows! BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY