A Beginner’s Guide to Eyebrow Waxing Vs Threading
Eyebrow waxing and threading are both popular methods for obtaining Instagram-worthy brows. Are you trying to decide which brow treatment is right for you? You’re in the right place! With so many brow services out there, it can be difficult to decide which one to go with. Either way, we’re here to tell you all about a couple of our favorite options for achieving jaw-dropping brows!
Brow threading and waxing are very similar services that provide impeccable, clean brows and a perfect shape. There are some differences though! When choosing between the two, it helps to know their process and pros and cons. We’ll share all the details along with the newest brow product to upgrade your brows in the comfort of your own home!
What is eyebrow waxing?
Eyebrow waxing is the method of removing unwanted hair at the root by pulling it away with warm wax. It’s a long-lasting, fast, and gentle way to get rid of stray hairs and define your brow shape.
Your brow professional will discuss the look you hope to achieve after waxing considering the shape, arch, and other facial features. Then, the wax is applied and removed to get rid of unwanted hairs to achieve that flawless look. Your brow artist may finish up with some trimming and tweezing.
At The Brow Fixx, we finish up eyebrow waxing by cleansing the skin with witch hazel. We also close the pores and help calm possible irritation by applying Aloe Vera. The entire service takes twenty minutes.
- It provides a polished, perfectly shaped brow.
- The process is quick, affordable, and causes little to no pain.
- It removes many stray hairs at once.
- Hairs are removed at the follicle for slower regrowth.
- Regular treatment can lead to finer hairs growing back in.
- No maintenance is required.
- Brief redness and irritation can occur.
- The treatment should only be done by a professional.
- It isn’t the best method for sparse brows.
What is brow threading?
Brow threading is the process of twisting and wrapping a thin thread around unwanted hairs and pulling them away. It’s meant to achieve a precise brow shape. This method is newer in the United States but has actually been around for a while. It started many years ago in Asia.
You begin your brow threading appointment by discussing your goals with your brow expert. You’ll talk about your ideal shape and arch and the look you’re going for. Then, the thread is used to remove hairs for a flawless brow shape. The look is finished off with some trimming and tweezing if necessary.
Just like with waxing, witch hazel is used to cleanse the skin and Aloe Vera is applied to tighten pores and remedy possible irritation. The treatment takes twenty-five minutes from start to finish.
- It provides a precise shape because individual and several hairs can be targeted.
- There are no chemicals involved.
- It’s non-invasive, so it’s excellent for those with sensitive skin.
- The treatment is quick and affordable.
- Hair growth is slowed down since hairs are pulled from the root.
- Maintenance isn’t needed.
- The treatment itself can be painful, but it’s quick.
- It’s best not to do this at home and have an expert do it.
- Redness can occur, but it usually doesn’t last long.
Is waxing or threading better for eyebrows?
Since eyebrow waxing and threading are very similar, there are only a few differences to take a look at to determine if it’s right for you. Keep in mind that if you’re looking to achieve a defined brow shape and precise look, each method can get the job done.
If you’re looking for as little pain as possible, waxing might be the way to go. Eyebrow waxing is also best for those with thick brows because it tackles multiple hairs at once.
Brow threading is best for those with sensitive skin because it’s non-invasive and a brow professional will also use a new, clean thread each time. Threading also provides a more natural look than eyebrow waxing.
Brow Threading and Waxing Prep
One noteworthy thing about these services is that you really don’t have to do much to prepare. However, here are some things you can do for the best results:
- Exfoliate: This removes dead skin cells that could clog the pores. It also helps to avoid ingrown hairs.
- Drink water: If you thought this was a myth, it’s not! Hydration before brow treatments can result in less sensitivity.
- No makeup: There’s no need to apply makeup before your appointment. It’s best to come in with clean brows and skin.
Brow Threading and Waxing Upkeep
There’s also not much maintenance to keep up with, how awesome is that? But, here’s what you can do to give your brows a little love after treatment.
- Apply Aloe Vera. This can provide relief if the area around your brow is red or sensitive.
- Keep your hands off. Your pores can be opened after waxing or threading so avoid touching that area to prevent dirt and oils from getting into the pores.
- Tweeze if needed. Of course, always avoid overplucking. But, it’s okay to tweeze stray hairs as they grow in to maintain your brow shape.
- Enhance your look with brow products. This is the fun part! Keep your brows looking fabulous with products like brow soap and a microblade brow pen (keep reading for more on that).
Enhance the look!
The Brow Fixx’s newest product, the microblade brow pen, is the perfect way to enhance your eyebrows after waxing or threading in seconds. This incredible tattoo pen gives the appearance of microbladed eyebrows without the commitment. It has a comb tip that provides a natural, hair-like effect for darker, more defined brows. It comes in multiple colors to ensure you get that perfect look.
Whether you’re looking for eyebrow waxing, threading, or products to use at home, The Brow Fixx has you covered for all things beauty!